Centre for Teaching ExcellenceConnect | Innovate | Inspire
The Centre for Teaching Excellence (CTE) fosters excellence, innovation, and collaboration in teaching and learning by supporting faculty and staff through programming, mentoring, professional development opportunities, and research on effective teaching practices for student learning.
“Faculty Workshops Fall 2019”
Brochures are now available at CTE!
Click here to take a peek!
Attention new faculty!
Please join us
Reconnect Reflect Recharge
Custom made programs available for your department!
We are available for one-on-one consultations Monday through Friday to support you in your teaching, answer questions and to explore any new ideas for innovative and evidence-based approaches to teaching and learning.
Here are just a few of the things we can work with you on:
- Developing rubrics
- Creating learning activities in and outside of class
- Active learning strategies
- Curricular alignment (assignments, activities and learning outcomes)
- Building classroom community
- Formative feedback and assessment
- Integrating technology into your teaching
Call for Submissions: CTE Faculty Blogging Series
Are you doing something new/different in the classroom, which you’d like to share with other instructors at CapU? We are inviting short 250-words submissions by faculty to our CTE blog.
Email us to learn more.
- October 21 @ 8:00 am - November 1 @ 5:00 pm
- October 22 @ 1:00 pm - 2:20 pm
- October 25 @ 1:00 pm - 3:00 pm
- October 29 @ 10:00 am - 11:20 am
- October 31 @ 1:00 pm - 2:30 pm
Capilano University is named after Chief Joe Capilano, an important leader of the Squamish (Sḵwx̱wú7mesh) Nation of the Coast Salish people. We respectfully acknowledge that our campuses are located on the territories of the Lil’wat, Musqueam, Sechelt (shíshálh), Squamish and Tsleil-Waututh Nations.
Capilano University | 2055 Purcell Way | North Vancouver | BC | Canada | V5J 3H5