Welcome to the Centre for Teaching Excellence
Here are just a few of the things we can work on together:
- Developing rubrics
- Creating learning activities in and outside of class
- Active learning strategies
- Curricular alignment (assignments, activities and learning outcomes)
- Building classroom community
- Formative feedback and assessment
- Integrating technology into your teaching
We are available for in-person and virtual one-on-one consultations Monday through Friday 8:30 am – 4:00 pm to support you in your teaching, answer questions and to explore any new ideas for innovative and evidence-based approaches to teaching and learning.
Capilano University is named after Chief Joe Capilano, an important leader of the Squamish (Sḵwx̱wú7mesh) Nation of the Coast Salish people. We respectfully acknowledge that our campuses are located on the unceded sovereign Indigenous Nations of Lil’wat, xʷməθkʷəy̓əm(Musqueam), Shíshálh (Sechelt), Sḵwx̱wú7mesh(Squamish) and Səl̓ílwətaʔ/Selilwitulh (Tsleil-Waututh).
Capilano University | 2055 Purcell Way | North Vancouver | BC | Canada | V5J 3H5