Centre for Teaching ExcellenceStudio | Educational Technologies | Introduction to eLearn
Introduction to eLearn
Are you new to eLearn? Trying to figure out how all the pieces fit together? This self-paced asynchronous workshop is designed to introduce you to the online teaching and learning platform used by Capilano University. ELearn is built with Moodle, an open source learning management system hosting course sites where learning activities, course content, assignments, quizzes and grades can be shared. While it offers a great deal of flexibility, it can take some time to become familiar with the options and layouts that best support student learning. This workshop will help put you on the path to understanding how to set up and make the most of your course site.
By the end of this workshop you will be able to:
- Communicate with students through the course site
- Manually enroll or unenroll students in your course
- Set up your gradebook for clarity and simplicity
- Create assignments and quizzes
- Set up discussions effectively
- Use groups effectively in your course
- Add a Zoom activity to your course
Questions? Send us an email or set up a consultation with an Educational Technology Specialist at firstname.lastname@example.org.