- This event has passed.
Microaggressions, Trigger Warnings, and the Inclusive Learning Environment
April 13 @ 10:00 am - 11:20 am
Participants will be:
- Introduced to the concept of “safe space” within learning contexts.
- Discuss how safety is experienced and perceived within learning relationships.
- Introduced to the concept of microaggressions.
- Introduced to the concepts of triggers.
- Discuss how microaggressions operate within social relationships.
- Discuss how microaggressions can influence learning relationships.
- Discuss how trigger “warnings” in course material can be reflective of your learning relationship with students.
Offering #3 (Blended, online & in-person)
Wednesday Apr 13
10:00 – 11:20 AM