- This event has passed.
Active Learning Online
October 19, 2020 - October 30, 2020
October 19, 26 & 30, 2020
Live Sessions dates/times:
Monday, October 19, 10:00 -11:00 am
Monday, October 26, 10:00 -11:00 am
Friday, October 30, 10:00-11:30 am
This 2-week workshop is developed specifically for CapU faculty interested in complementing or rethinking a course with active learning activities online. The course emphasizes the value of collaboration with peers online, and models active learning examples in order to facilitate understanding and reflection of the online learner experience. Participants will draw upon existing teaching experience as they experiment with a practical learning activity of their own choice online and gain feedback from peers. Participants can expect to spend 8-10 hours per week on the workshop.
The workshop will prepare you to:
- Demonstrate an Ed Tech Tool or Online Learning Process based on active learning
- Adopt/develop a student-centered active learning approach to online learning
- Experience active learning in action
- Explore how to elevate the student learning experience and include active learning strategies in the online component of their course(s)
- Map out an active online learning process, which supports student learning and learning outcomes
The workshop will take place online, primarily in Moodle and WebEx. Live online session is scheduled as above. (The live session will be recorded, however, since we will demo active learning, it’s recommended that you participate if at all possible)
Time Commitment: 8-10 hours/week, mostly self-paced.
Register now! https://cte.capilanou.ca/workshops/alo/