The purpose of this code of conduct is to provide a safe, harassment-free environment for all CTE events.
All event attendees, speakers, sponsors, organizers, and volunteers must agree to the CTE code of conduct as part of registration. Learning is a cooperative endeavour where everyone is responsible for establishing and maintaining a positive learning environment. Thank you for helping to co-create a learning environment where the exchange of ideas is vibrant, respectful, and free of harassment.
Harassment includes behaviours (in person or online) such as:
- Offensive verbal comments that reinforce social structures of domination related to and including gender, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, ability, physical appearance, body size, race, ethnicity, age, or religion.
- Sexual language and imagery in event spaces, including talks, social events, and online media.
- Deliberate intimidation, stalking, or following.
- Harassing photography or recording.
- Sustained disruption of talks or other events.
- Inappropriate physical contact.
- Unwelcome sexual attention.
By registering for this event, I agree that I will:
- Treat my peers with respect and generosity in all interactions.
- Adhere to the same standards in online behaviour that I would in a face-to-face situation.
- Respect other people’s time and bandwidth.
- Uphold professional standards.
- Respect other people’s privacy.
- Attempt collaboration before conflict.
- Forgive people when they make mistakes.
Anyone violating the code may be expelled from current and future events at the discretion of the organizers. If you are being harassed or notice that someone else is being harassed, please contact an event organizer immediately.
Please contact us at email@example.com if you have any questions.