CENTRE FOR TEACHING EXCELLENCEePortfolios
Would you like assistance introducing your students to ePortfolios and WordPress basics? We can help.
Option 1 – Workshop
- Material covered: Introductory presentation followed by time to begin working on individual sites with the support of the peer mentor. Typically, during this time, students create an About or Bio page, choose their privacy settings, and upload image(s) to begin personalizing their site. We recommend students write their About or Bio page in advance of the workshop.
- Location: Computer lab. (Booked by the instructor.)
- Time required: 60-80 minutes
Option 2 – Presentation
- Material covered: How to create a Capilano University ePortfolios WordPress site, overview of support resources, and introduction to WordPress basics (site set-up, pages versus posts, menus, privacy settings, etc.).
- Location: Classroom.
- Time required: 20-30 minutes.
Option 3 – Custom Workshop
- Designed as required in collaboration with the Project team.
Capilano University is named after Chief Joe Capilano, an important leader of the Squamish (Sḵwx̱wú7mesh) Nation of the Coast Salish people. We respectfully acknowledge that our campuses are located on the territories of the Lil’wat, Musqueam, Sechelt (shíshálh), Squamish and Tsleil-Waututh Nations.
Capilano University | 2055 Purcell Way | North Vancouver | BC | Canada | V5J 3H5