Course (Re)Design Workshop
May 18 @ 9:00 am - May 20 @ 2:30 pm
COURSE (RE)DESIGN WORKSHOP
May 18 – 20, 2021
9:30 am – 2:30 pm via Zoom
This 3-day workshop is an intensive, hands-on experience, where you will work in a supportive atmosphere, both individually and collaboratively, to create a new course or redesign an existing one that you teach or are planning to teach.
Throughout the workshop, you will increase your understanding of learning-centred course design principles as you apply this to your own course in an iterative and dynamic process.
During the workshop, you will:
- Design or re-design a learner-centered course.
- Apply principles of alignment to your course.
- Determine various learning activities and assessment strategies that best support your course learning outcomes.
- Plan strategies for helping students thrive, including strategies for inclusion, decolonizing and promoting meaningful interaction, social presence, and equitable learning.
- Engage in peer learning as a means of iterating and refining your course design.
The workshop will be a combination of synchronous sessions, off-line on your own course design and synchronous peer feedback.
The workshop participants MUST be able to attend every day and all sessions.
If you have any questions, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.