- This event has passed.
Addressing Triggers and Microaggressions in the Learning Environment
February 10 @ 9:00 am - 10:00 am
ADDRESSING TRIGGERS AND MICROAGGRESSIONS IN THE LEARNING ENVIRONMENT
Synchronous Sessions: Wednesdays
9:00 am – 11:00am
Part 2 – March 10, 2021
Are you interested in learning to identify and create strategies for the prevention of microagressions and triggers in order to create a safe and inclusive learning environment for your students?
This workshop uses a decolonial lens to unpack microagressions and triggers in the post-secondary learning environment. In addition, participants will practice strategies for the prevention of microaggressions and triggers within the learning environment.
- Explain the concepts of racial microaggressions and triggers
- Analyze forms of racial microaggressions
- Reflect on the impact of racial microaggressions
- Analyze examples of potential triggers in the learning environment
- Reflect on the impact of triggers in the learning environment
- Discuss strategies for prevention of microaggressions and triggers within the learning environment
- Create a plan for Trauma Informed Teaching Practice in the classroom
- Develop strategies for prevention of microaggression and triggers within the learning environment
- Create culturally safe practices to support holistic wellness of students in the curriculum
- Draft a holistic wellness plan for you as a teacher
If you have any questions, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org