Centre for Teaching ExcellenceResources | Academic Integrity
Using Turnitin in Your Courses/PeerMark
PeerMark™ is a peer review tool available for the Assignment activity. Instructors can create and manage PeerMark assignments that allow students to read and review one or more papers submitted by their classmates. With the advanced options in PeerMark, instructors can choose whether the reviews are anonymous or attributed. Students are not able to assign a grade to a peer-reviewed paper. Instructors can grade the student’s review.
How do I create and manage a PeerMark assignment?
- Create the Assignment in eLearn. In the Assignment settings, enable Turnitin
- Save the Assignment
- Open the Assignment
- Click on the Turnitin settings
- Click on Launch PeerMark Manager icon
- Click on the “+” to create a PeerMark Assignment
- Edit the settings for the PeerMark Assignment (title, review dates, maximum points)
- Click on Additional Settings – make any required changes
- Click on Save and Continue
- Click on the PeerMark Questions tab to set the questions students will use to conduct their peer review
- Click on Distribution tab to set-up the peer review pairings OR leave the default settings (randomly chooses students pairings)
Student experience with PeerMark:
Grading with PeerMark:
Capilano University is named after Chief Joe Capilano, an important leader of the Squamish (Sḵwx̱wú7mesh) Nation of the Coast Salish people. We respectfully acknowledge that our campuses are located on the unceded sovereign Indigenous Nations of Lil’wat, xʷməθkʷəy̓əm(Musqueam), Shíshálh (Sechelt), Sḵwx̱wú7mesh(Squamish) and Səl̓ílwətaʔ/Selilwitulh (Tsleil-Waututh).
Capilano University | 2055 Purcell Way | North Vancouver | BC | Canada | V5J 3H5